Im stalled... :(

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Fri Aug 6 04:30:43 PDT 2004

Hi,

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 13:22 +0200, Elric Milon wrote:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "examply-manager.py", line 28, in ?
>     '/org/freedesktop/Hal/Manager')
> TypeError: add_signal_receiver() takes at most 5 arguments (6 given)
> whirm at 2[kde-whirm]$
>
> I must have a too old version of hal...

The problem is that your version of D-BUS is too old.

> These are the lastest versions on Debian SID:
>
> root at 3[whirm]# apt-cache policy dbus-1  dbus-1-dev  dbus-1-doc  dbus-1-utils
> dbus-1:
>   Instalados: 0.21-7
>   Candidato: 0.21-7
>   Tabla de versión:
>  *** 0.21-7 0
>         500 http://localhost unstable/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

As D-BUS is still under development the API for the Python bindings has
changed; you'll need D-BUS from CVS or wait for the next release.

Alternatively, you can change how add_signal_receiver is called by
looking at this diff

 http://freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/dbus/dbus/python/dbus.py?r1=1.8&r2=1.9

that describes the change from the old API (in 0.21) to the new API.

Cheers,
David