Service files in lib/datadir

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Fri Dec 17 09:15:02 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 12:20 +0100, Richard Hult wrote:
>  It also breaks existing installed
> services since the service files have to be moved, which is bad even
> though dbus isn't supposed to be stable yet.

This does point out that we need help toward 1.0, or everyone is going
to get shafted...

From:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/pipermail/dbus/2004-October/001650.html

Most of these "large items" can probably be punted. The one exception is
the proposed wire protocol/marshaling change.

There are some small items in doc/TODO that probably can't be punted,
especially the one about putting in a protocol versioning mechanism
and I think we should do the Great Terminology Shift (people find
"services" too confusing)