Service files in lib/datadir

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Fri Dec 17 10:22:34 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 12:52 -0500, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:

> The configuration files in /etc can't have the same name and have
> different content.  That was the real problem.

Right, and so on ppc64 and Itanium we wanted /lib and on x86_64 we
wanted /lib64 in the config file. That should have worked by default
though...

It breaks I guess because we want both 32-bit and 64-bit libdbus, and
the config file is in the same package as libdbus?

We could just break the binary RPM into dbus-libs and dbus-daemon, put
the config file in with the daemon, and only install one arch for
daemon, right?