Checking a service without activating it

Marcin Krzyzanowski krzak at hakore.com
Fri Dec 24 07:00:00 PST 2004

Użytkownik Julien PUYDT napisał:
> Hi,
>
> I saw there was a thread on getting the _list_ of all services, not only
> those running.
>
> But I would like to ask about a more specific question to ask to the
> (d)bus: "Is org.example.foo_service available to you?". I thought I
> could perhaps do it using some kind of DONT_REALLY_ACTIVATE_IT flag to
> dbus_bus_activate_service, but:
> 1) those flags aren't documented ;
> 2) looking at the source, they seem to be ignored anyway.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Snark on #gnomemeeting

With patch for "ListActivatableServices" I attached here before you can
check which services are already activated and which are activatable on
demand do you can choose which one is returned from
ListActivatableServices and remove returned from ListServices thern
you'll get not yet activated services from all available, or something
like this.

Good Luck.

--
Marcin Krzyżanowski