glib encapsulation patch

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Mon Jun 21 09:56:03 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 04:57, Olivier Andrieu wrote:
> Maybe but the with signature string it's also nice to be able to
> #define it or put it in a `static const gchar*'.

If we were willing to generate code, a possibility would be to generate:

 #define COM_MYCOMPANY_MYOBJECT_FOO "Foo::us"

Or something like that, i.e. a string combining the signal name and
signature. Then:
 dbus_g_proxy_connect (proxy, COM_MYCOMPANY_MYOBJECT_FOO, callback,
data);

Good point that we have to specify the type here even if we have
introspection.