D/BUS IDL compiler ...

Havoc Pennington hp@redhat.com
Sun, 07 Mar 2004 09:34:31 -0500

On Sat, 2004-03-06 at 22:03, Zack Rusin wrote:
> On Saturday 06 March 2004 10:53, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 11:23, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > > 	So - attached is my 1st pass at a dbus IDL compiler
> >
> > My thought was to only do IDL for Qt/GLib bindings, and to use the
> > native object representations, IDL formats, introspection data, and
> > so forth for those such as they exist.
>
> BTW It looks like we won't be using any IDL for Qt. I have to take a
> close at what Matthias is doing for Qt 4.0 but it looks like we'll be
> easily able to expose the methods we want without any extra code
> generation.

Right, I'm confusing things. Matthias explained this to me at Nove Hrady
(which is where my whole explanation of how I wanted to do gobject came
from). Just infer the IDL from the C/C++/C#/whatever native code,
possibly including magic comments or annotations, then pack the
interface metadata into a variable, and dynamically export the methods.

Havoc