Mono bindings

Owen Fraser-Green owen at discobabe.net
Sun Mar 21 03:55:23 PST 2004

Hi,

On Sun, 2004-03-21 at 04:47, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Owen - I don't think it makes sense to write a main loop specific to
> your Mono bindings, really... very few apps will want to use a custom
> main loop created just for the dbus/mono bindings, since a mainloop
> impacts the whole application. If people aren't using a main loop that
> already exists, they will probably want to just block and use threads.

I haven't really given too much thought to how it could be implemented
but I had hoped it would be possible to use the .NET platform's own
event loop by watching files.

But, yes, I agree, it's probably not worth bothering about it too much
unless a need arises. P/Invoke uses late binding anyway so the call into
the dbus-glib library can sit there without causing a problem to someone
who doesn't have dbus-glib as long as it doesn't get invoked.

Cheers,
Owen