test suite failure

Michael Meeks michael at ximian.com
Mon Mar 29 05:40:07 PST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 18:55 +0100, Olivier Andrieu wrote:
>  > Failed to complete Activate call: D-BUS error
>  > org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceNotFound: The service
>  > org.freedesktop.DBus.TestSuiteEchoService was not found in the
>  > activation entry list
>  > killing message bus
>  > ./run-test.sh: test-dbus-glib failed

	This error is caused ( for me ) by the relative paths by which all the
tests are located; in combination with the fact that as the
dbus-daemon-1 daemonizes; it does a chdir("/") - which is fair enough,
but this gives us a chunky set of:

 stat64("./../../test/data/valid-service-files/debug-echo.service",
	0xbfffe810) = -1 ENOENT

	type errors - not unexpectedly.

	The attached patch fixes this somewhat inelegantly; better solutions
might be to pass a '--fork-but-no-chdir' type parameter, to the config
file - or somesuch; either way - I can't make that call; this makes the
test at least activate stuff before it fails as Oliver describes with
'make check'.

	Regards,

		Michael.
--