[RFC] State machine rewrite of dbus-auth.c

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Tue May 11 06:08:09 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 16:04, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:

[snip DBus auth state machine proposal]

> Implementation
>
> I'm currently implementing the stuff described above, so I'll have a
> patch ready in a day or so.  For now, here's an overview of the changes
> I would like to make:
>
> - Add send_data(), send_auth() etc. functions to more clearly signal
> that we're sending a reponse to the client.

I've attached this patch, as well as a patch with some
simplifications/cleanups for dbus-auth.c:

        Remove auth state AUTHENTICATED_WITH_UNUSED_BYTES, instead
        always assume there might be unused bytes.

        Remove redundant check for incoming buffer length > 1 MB, we
        never queue up more than 16 kB anyway.

        Remove check for client-out-mechs; it is handled in
        process_reject().

        Add auth test script to check handling client-out-of-mechs
        situation.

        Remove logic to filter against auth->allowed_mechs in
        client_try_next_mechanism(); we only add allowed mechs in
        record_mechanisms().

This stuff depends on the hex-instead-of-base64 I sent earlier
(http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/dbus/2004-May/001086.html).

Commnents?  Can I commit?

Kristian