thread problem with dbus_connection_send_with_reply

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Tue Nov 2 08:41:31 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 11:20 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 10:22 -0500, David Malcolm wrote:
>
> > So what happens if G_DISABLE_ASSERT is defined?
>
> ?  I don't understand what the assertion would have to do with this
> problem.  These functions only return FALSE on out-of-memory conditions,
> but the rest of the code uses glib, which aborts on OOM anyways.

Sorry; I should have been clearer in my original email; here I'm
complaining about a separate problem:

If G_DISABLE_ASSERT is set, g_assert(foo) is defined as

G_STMT_START{ (void)0; }G_STMT_END

and all of your code in foo excitingly disappears at preprocessing time,
but only on certain configurations, long after you wrote the original
code.