list all available services with ListServices, not only already activated

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Fri Nov 5 11:45:46 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 12:55 +0100, Marcin Krzyzanowski wrote:

> In my project I need to get list all available services, not only
> already activated but also which are waiting to be activated when
> necessary.

Can you briefly describe your project, just to improve everyone's
understanding of how dbus is being used and what this feature would be
for?

> org.freedesktop.DBus.ListServices() show only activated service, because
> I get no other possibility to gather information about services which
> are available but not activated at the moment I wrote a patch for
> "ListServices" which make return list with both activated and not yet
> activated services.
>
> What do you think about such solution. Or maybe there is other way to
> get all available services but I miss it ?

I think a better approach would introduce a new call
ListActivatableServices(), because listing only active services is also
a useful thing to do - so keeping the existing ListServices() is
important.