Question about dbus_bus_activate_service ()

Philippe Mechaï pmechai at free.fr
Mon Nov 8 06:13:06 PST 2004

Hi all,

To try d-bus, i wrote a *really* simple program (attached).

My goal is to use a d-bus service so there's never more than one
instance of my program running.
If it ain't the good way to achieve this, thanks for telling me.

I use the dbus_bus_activate_service () API call to activate a service,
and then run another instance of my program which (obviously) make the
same call, but the result is still DBUS_ACTIVATION_REPLY_ACTIVATED...i
can't understand why.
Is there something i did wrong or didn't understand ?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Regards,
Philippe Mechaï