Temporarily replacing a service

Johan Hedberg johan.hedberg at nokia.com
Fri Oct 29 00:26:15 PDT 2004

Hi,

I was trying out the DBUS_SERVICE_FLAGS_REPLACE_EXISTING flag when
aquiring a service, and it seems to function as documented. However,
when the replacing application exits the application which owned the
service to begin with doesn't get the service back. Is this the intended
behaviour, or would it be better if the first application would become
the owner of the service again?

What I would want to have is the possibility for an application to
temporarily become owner for a service so that when it exits the
ownership would be automatically returned to the first application. Btw,
I'm using D-BUS 0.22.

Johan