[patch] generate marshallers and metadata from dbus-glib-tool

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue Sep 7 03:32:06 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 18:56 -0500, Paul Kuliniewicz wrote:
> I guess it depends on what kinds of objects you're "supposed" to expose
> using D-BUS.  If you're supposed to create a separate object just for
> D-BUS stuff, you could get away with just exporting all signals (and
> methods, if GLib had a way to get that information [0]).  If you're
> supposed to take existing objects and also expose them to D-BUS, there
> could be lots of methods and signals that either don't make sense to
> expose or don't have D-BUS-friendly interfaces.

Right, my assumption is you want to expose only methods added in the
subclass you're implementing. So my subclass might derive from
GtkWidget, but at least by default the GtkWidget methods aren't
exported, only the new methods my widget has.

Whatever the default you'd want to be able to include or exclude
specific methods or signals.