Cross-Compiling D-BUS

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Sat Sep 25 13:49:52 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 14:44 -0500, Jared Hanson wrote:
>   Is there anyway I can prevent these checks
> from running?

I believe to allow cross-compiling configure.in has to have defaults for
all these checks, or maybe there's some way to specify them. Anyway
there's some standard answer no doubt specified in the autoconf manual.

You will have to figure out that standard answer and modify configure.in
to reflect it. If you do, please send us the patch. ;-)

>   Also, has there been much effort put into D-BUS on
> other architectures such as PPC?

It should work, though of course there could be bugs. It builds in the
Red Hat build system which is x86/x86_64/ia64/ppc32/ppc64/s390/s390x,
which should mean "make check" passes on all those CPUs assuming John
still has the spec file running make check.