RequestName default flags

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Aug 3 08:02:54 EST 2005

For the KDE bindings I think I should be using
DBUS_NAME_FLAG_PROHIBIT_REPLACEMENT in order to get DCOP compatible behavior.

The description for DBUS_REQUEST_NAME_REPLY_IN_QUEUE on
http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-specification.html#message-bus-names is
wrong btw, it says

"The name already had an owner, DBUS_NAME_FLAG_REPLACE_EXISTING was not
specified, and the current owner specified
DBUS_NAME_FLAG_PROHIBIT_REPLACEMENT."

but it should say

"The name already had an owner, DBUS_NAME_FLAG_REPLACE_EXISTING was
specified, and the current owner specified
DBUS_NAME_FLAG_PROHIBIT_REPLACEMENT."

Would it be possible to allow a dash '-' in busnames btw?

Cheers,
Waldo