RequestName default flags

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Aug 10 07:43:48 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 22:56 +0200, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Friday 05 August 2005 21:01, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 18:35 +0200, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > > I think it is more clear to spell it out. While I was at it, I also added
> > > some text to explain "unique connection names" a bit more. See patch. Did
> > > I get that right?
> >
> > Patch looks quite good to me. There's also a code patch needed to
> > dbus-marshal-validate.c:_dbus_validate_bus_name() of course.
>
> I basically folded _dbus_validate_unique_name and _dbus_validate_interface
> into _dbus_validate_bus_name and then replaced
> VALID_NAME_CHARACTER with VALID_BUS_NAME_CHARACTER.
>
> The diff represents that change a bit weird since it matches parts of the old
> _dbus_validate_unique_name with the new _dbus_validate_bus_name.

This looks great, thanks. It's fine to commit this and the spec change.
It would be good to also add a few more test cases to
dbus-marshal-validate-util.c to reflect this change (test dcop-like
names) and maybe try to trigger all of the codepaths in the new
function. It should be really easy to do, the existing code already has
arrays of valid and invalid stuff and then runs the validation functions
on the arrays.
You might have to add a new array for bus names since right now it uses
the interface name tests to also test validate_bus_name().