developing device detection application

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Thu Dec 1 04:06:27 PST 2005

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 04:50:09PM +0530, Parag N wrote:
> Hello,
>     Where can i get document that have python or GTK + dbus usage? I want to
> develop application that will popup windows whenever user plugin any device
> or plugs out that device. how to start for this?

There are various Python GTK tutorials online at:

  http://www.pygtk.org/tutorial.html

And more available via Google. THere is also a Python DBus client
tutorial is at:

  http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-tutorial.html#python-client

I'm not aware of any tutorial that explicitly covers GTK GUI+DBus
integration, so for that you'd probably be best learning from source
of an existing simple, DBus backed, GUI app.

Dan.