Unable to connect to the daemon

Raj ringuva at novell.com
Tue Feb 15 03:38:40 PST 2005

Hi,

i'm a newbie to D-BUS. I was trying to build & run a program
which connects to the D-BUS per-session daemon & sends a message.
Another program reads the message.

But for some reason the program fails with the following error
" Failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon: Message did not receive a
   reply"

Attaching the program which tries to send a message.
Also attaching my session.conf file.

And i am running my dbus-daemon on commandline as
"dbus-daemon --config-file=/home/foo/session.conf --fork"

And my program is built with the commandline
"gcc serv.c -o serv `pkg-config --cflags --libs dbus-glib-1`

What am i missing here ?

TIA

Regards,
Raj