totally rewritten glib bindings

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Feb 16 20:43:29 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 16:43 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> So I gave up on the mega-function for now; the reason is that to do that
> I have to pass everything as one mega-valist, but this prevents me from
> using dbus_message_get_args_valist, which means I have to duplicate a
> lot of that function's logic.  Probably the right way to do this is to
> create an array from the valist, and have a version of
> dbus_message_get_args_valist which operates on that array.  Not sure.

We have to duplicate get_args_valist anyhow, because we need to return
g_malloc memory rather than dbus_malloc memory. I just haven't gotten
around to it. There may be ways to partially share the logic, haven't
thought it through yet. (Sharing the logic isn't that big a deal right
now, but if we added support for more type recursion etc. it might be of
interest)

We do need an array version though for programmatic use, see
g_signal_emitv() etc.