DBUS release

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Tue Feb 22 13:36:52 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 16:31 -0500, Joe Shaw wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 20:25 -0500, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> > So DavidZ wants a DBUS release so he can make a HAL release with the
> > port I did.  A bunch of apps have already been ported to the new DBUS
> > and I am in the process of porting applications to the new HAL.  Just
> > finished gnome-vfs and g-v-m tonight and will get patches upstream for
> > those soon.  Joe, you think you can bump the so names and get a 0.31
> > release out?  If you don't have time I would be happy to do it myself.
> > Getting release out of DBUS and HAL will help me with my porting and
> > hopefully I can get done by the end of the week.  Thanks.
>
> I can probably do it tomorrow if that's ok.  Otherwise, feel free to do
> it yourself.  Pretty much anyone with CVS access can make a release so
> long as the rules in HACKING are followed.  Do we need to bump the
> sonames though?  We're still pre-1.0 so API/ABI breakage should be
> expected...

If you could do it tomorrow that would be great.  Bumping the so names
allows for us to spot libraries that haven't been ported or places that
have been missed much easier.  Since most of the major changes have been
made I say we should bump now.  I have had many complaints that I did
not bump the so names for my test packages. Thanks.

--
John (J5) Palmieri
Associate Software Engineer