Kobject_Uevent and DBUS

Ikke eikke@eikke.com
Sun Jan 9 12:10:17 PST 2005

<snip>

> Thanks,
> Kay

If I add a uevent into the kernel, that tells userspace process XYZ pid
123 was killed because of an OOM, how does that fit into HAL?
Similar things: a module was (un)loaded from/into the kernel, user
requested ACPI Suspend / swsusp (which can be usefull events for
userland/desktop applications: close connections nicely (IM, IRC,...)
and reconnect on resume),...

I agree stuff like 'device mounted', 'network link down', 'PCMCIA card
inserted',... fit into HAL properly, but some things just don't IMHO.

Greetings, Ikke