DBus C and sending a message to a service/object reference

a friend abstrus@gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 14:03:08 PST 2005

After looking at several examples (mosltly NetworkManager's
implementation including dbus), I have been unable to decipher at
least one detail of addressing a message to a service or registered
object reference, or rather getting the correct way to work with the
dbus c library calls.

Utilizing only the c dbus library, i want one application to register
an object (or acquire a service on the bus?) on the session bus, and a
second to send a message to that object or service to be
handled/received by the first app.

I was almost convinced that acquiring a service (like in the
NetworkManager implementation) was the way to go, as i could send a
message to the service which would be handled by the registered
message handler of the first app.

Could someone explain if starting a service would be the correct? I
pass my dbus_connection_open() "tcp:host=172.2.2.209,port=3535" so i
can connect to the message bus from any message, sending remote
messages.

However, i read that services could not be used by an application, and
registering an object unique reference ('name') was the only way to do
this. I looked a while in the c dbus functions, and