Fwd: A few begninner's questions

Kalle Vahlman kalle.vahlman at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 06:14:20 PDT 2005

On 6/1/05, Søren Hansen <sh at warma.dk> wrote:
> ons, 01 06 2005 kl. 13:06 +0300, skrev Kalle Vahlman:
> > > The Python bindings need to be changed. When I use add_signal_receiver,
> > Uhm, you are using what?
>
> I used the code from this:
> http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-dbus.html

That's like year old stuff, no wonder it fails  :)

The dbus API on all fronts has changed quite a bit, as is reflected by
the fact that to use it in C you have to define a variable named
DBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE to acknowlegde it.

> > The add_signal_receiver sounds like something you really shouldn't be using :)
> Then maybe it should be removed or something. It really seems broken.

It could be used internally, but I'm not sure. As I said, I'm not
really familiar with the python bindings (yet).

> I'll use the code you sent instead. Thanks for your help.

It was from:
http://cvs.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/python/examples/

where you can see the full examples from the source package. Use the
"select branch"  dropdown if not using the most recent version.

And for future questions, it is useful to state which version you are
using since with dbus going over API changes more often than the sun
goes down (no offense, guys ;) it matters a _lot_.

Kalle Vahlman, zuh at iki.fi