configure.in fix

Jeffrey Stedfast fejj at novell.com
Wed Jun 8 11:44:32 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 17:54 +0200, Danny Kukawka wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 June 2005 17:08, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> > (for some oddball reason, SuSE 9.3 doesn't seem to have moc installed
> > even tho qt3 and qt3-devel are... no clue where else moc could come
> > from)
>
> If you read the spec file of the SUSE 9.3 package, you would know that you
> must add '/usr/lib/qt3/bin' to PATH. If you do so, configure find moc (from
> the qt3-devel package). The reason: /usr/lib/qt3/bin is not in path to
> prevent conflicts with coming QT 4.0.

sure, fine, but the fact that dbus's configure ignores a valid failure
case is still a bug that will bite many developers (as it bit me) and
many of them will not know how to solve this case (who is gonna read
spec files? really? I sure don't nor do I even have the spec files on my
system to even look at if I wanted to).

So I think my bug report still stands especially since by default, it
tries to build the qt bindings.

that said, thank you for pointing out how I could work around this. much
appreciated.

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Novell, Inc.