[0.23.4 patch] RE: ServiceOwnerChanged wakes up everybody?

Kimmo.Hamalainen at nokia.com Kimmo.Hamalainen at nokia.com
Tue Jun 14 07:56:17 PDT 2005

I would gladly move to 0.3x if it would have proven stable. Actually, we
are using a modified 0.23.1, because update to 0.23.4 introduced some
nasty bugs that we don't have time or resources to fix. Even between
0.23.1 and 0.23.4 there was something like 1000 lines of new code, containing
new locking code etc. Multithreaded code is not particularly fast to stabilise :)

Diff between 0.23.1 and 0.3x is probably even bigger, not to speak about
last-minute API changes in virtually every program. Even the current 0.23.1
had some deadlock issue with GnomeVFS, but we decided to work around it in
GnomeVFS code than try to fix thread locking in D-BUS.

However, we probably use 0.3x in future products. New Maemo releases aren't
required to be backwards compatible with old ones.

BR, Kimmo