Gaim DBus interface

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Tue Jun 14 08:41:27 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 09:30 -0600, Irving Cordova wrote:
> Hey guys, I am currently working on creating a DBus interface to Gaim.
> Currently I have managed to send signals to and from Gaim. However,
> before continue to further develop this interface I wanted some advice
> regarding the current state of the Glib bindings. Should I use them as
> extensively as possible, risking likely breakage soon? or would it be
> better to use the low level API since it seems to be more stable?

We don't expect too many more API changes in the GLib bindings at
present as defined in the current CVS.  Your feedback in testing and
using them is greatly appreciated though.  If you encounter any problems
or issues please email the list or me.

The place to start would be the tutorial; see doc/dbus-tutorial.html in
the CVS source tree (after running make).