[patch] automatically reload config

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Tue Jun 14 14:09:17 PDT 2005

Hey,

here is a patch for automatically reloading the configuration (similar
to sending the HUP signal to the message bus process) whenever files are
added or removed the the included policy configuration file directories
(for the system bus this is typically /etc/dbus-1/system.d). This should
easy deployment of (system-wide) D-BUS services as distros don't need to
do (distro-specific) 'kill -HUP `cat /var/run/messagebus.pid`' in e.g.
%post of a RPM.

This patch is Linux specific (it uses D_NOTIFY, ugh) and I believe I've
made the appropriate checks in configure.in to check for Linux. On other
kernels it's simply a no-op for now. The patch is a bit more invasive
that I would have liked but this is the price we pay for e.g.
includedir.

OK to commit?

    David