[patch] automatically reload config

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Tue Jun 14 15:03:30 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 17:44 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 17:21 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > Perhaps an alternative is a new bus method, like
> > org.freedesktop.DBus.Bus.ReloadConfig?  Then the %post just needs
> > dbus-send --system ...
> >
> > The implementation should probably check the remote end has uid 0 at
> > least.
>
> I actually like the auto-reload better because forcing packagers (who
> most of the time are not developers) to know this magic is a dangerous
> proposition.

I agree it's way better from the packager POV.

About the patch; I'm a bit confused why bus_config_load and takes a
watch_config_directories argument.  Why not just default it to TRUE
inside bus_config_parser_new?

It also seems a bit evil to start watching the directory in the config
parser itself; should probably maintain a list of directories and then
process_config_every_time does both the drop of watched dirs and the
invocation of bus_config_watch_directory, retrieving the list via a new
function, bus_config_parser_get_watched_dirs.