[patch] Add test case for sending messages to ones self (TODO Item)

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Tue Jun 14 15:23:02 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 18:11 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 17:19 -0400, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
>
> > +  /* Note: if this test is run in OOM mode, it will block when the
> > bus
> > +   * doesn't send a reply due to OOM.
> > +   */
> > +  block_connection_until_message_from_bus (context, connection,
> > "reply from running hello from self");
>
> So the test suite can hang?  Or how is this handled?

I just copied that from the Echo test so I assume it does the right
thing(tm) or the whole test suite is borked.

> Also out of curiosity why did you rename connection to my_connection?

I could change it to a better name but I needed to use the connection in
the connection in the pending callback and didn't want to clash with any
of the connection parameters being sent elsewhere.  I can fix that up to
just use a dbus_bus_get as it returns the same connection.

--
John (J5) Palmieri
Associate Software Engineer