New user and a question.

Nick Gray nagray at austin.rr.com
Sun Mar 6 21:25:53 PST 2005

This last week I was at the SELinux Symposium in Silver Spring,
Maryland. One of the Technical Sessions was titled SELinux and the Linux
Desktop, where the speaker delved in security problems with the current
linux desktop and how some of these could be addressed with dbus.

Previous to this I had read the article in Linux Journal and decided to
take a look at this myself.

Now I don't do a lot of programming, mostly building others packages and
installing them, but I am attempting to run the example from the linux
journal article and having some problems.

I am guessing the solution to this would be fairly obvious to someone
who has been working with dbus, but it looks as if the functions
referenced in the header files are not included in the lib.

this is my problem.

#define DBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE = 1

#include <dbus/dbus.h>

int main()
{
	DBusError error;
	DBusConnection *conn;

	dbus_error_init(&error);
	conn = dbus_bus_get(DBUS_BUS_SYSTEM, &error);

}

This fails to link with the error of undefined reference to
dbus_error_init and dbus_bus_get.

Can someone help me here get through this example? Thanks

--
Nick Gray
Senior Systems Engineer