[patch] fully autogenerate bus introspect bits, update binding tool to allow ignoring unsupported conversions

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Sat Mar 12 12:10:58 PST 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 14:52 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-03-12 at 14:25 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This patch cleans up the driver.c bits to automatically generate
> > introspection data from all methods in the message_handlers array
> > instead of hardcoding some specific signature types.
> >

> Looks good (maybe you should use the public signature parsing API rather
> than type reader?)

Well, we'd need to add API to dbus-signature.h for turning an iter into
a signature string, which seems like kind of an unusual use case.  I
tried to see if I could separate the arguments in the message_handlers
structure so we wouldn't need to parse, but I couldn't quite figure out
a good way to do it.

I committed the patch for now, but we can revisit if there's another use
for the sigiter -> string.  Also, we might actually want to refactor the
current message_handlers structure so we can get sensible argument names
in the introspection data anyways.