Where to start

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 18:21:33 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 23:09 +0100, Tony Houghton wrote:

> The problem is that on sending a signal message the dbus connection gets
> destroyed

Possibly because you have an invalid signal, object, or interface name;
in latest versions this will print a warning instead of letting it get
to the bus (where the bus will say "bad protocol" and drop you)

>  and the main application doesn't get the signal (at least it
> doesn't get as far as the glib/GObject signal handler).

The glib signal stuff was probably pretty hosed in 0.22 also, though.
Not sure I'd try to use the glib bindings in that version other than for
main loop integration.