[DBUS]Structure marshaling

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Fri May 6 10:18:22 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 13:00, Claudio Takahasi wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am working on my first project using DBUS. I need
> a help on marshaling stuff.
>
> I didn't find support for STRUCT marshaling in the
> DBUS 0.33. Is it implemented?
> If not, what is the better way to implement a workaround?

You need to marshal your own structs but there is support for passing
them over the wire.  You open up a struct container and then add each
element of the struct to that containter.  On the other end you
basically do the same thing in reverse.  I am not sure if Colin has
gotten around to supporting structs directly in the glib bindings yet
but it is a hard problem because there is no way to know the elements of
a struct dynamically and when you start getting into structs that
contain pointers it gets hairy.

--
J5