fallback usage

Claudio Takahasi cktakahasi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 07:31:11 PDT 2005

Hi folks,

Suppose that I need work with the following paths:

* Main path
path: "/org/bluez/Manager" (always active)

* Device dependent Service
path: "/org/bluez/Manager/default/controller" (default HCI services)
path: "/org/bluez/Manager/hci0/controller" (HCI services)
path: "/org/bluez/Manager/hci1/controller" (HCI services)
path: "/org/bluez/Manager/default/pan" (default PAN services)
path: "/org/bluez/Manager/hci0/pan" (PAN services)
path: "/org/bluez/Manager/hci1/pan" (PAN services)
path: "/org/bluez/Manager/default/serial" (default RFCOMM services)
path: "/org/bluez/Manager/hci0/serial" (RFCOMM services)
path: "/org/bluez/Manager/hci1/serial" (RFCOMM services)
path: "/org/bluez/Manager/defaulti/services" (default SDP publish/search)
path: "/org/bluez/Manager/hci0/services" (services SDP publish/search)
path: "/org/bluez/Manager/hci1/services" (services SDP publish/search)

When an adapter is detached the paths related to this adapter must
unregistered. If I use the function
dbus_connection_register_object_path I will not be able to handle the
message in the "main path" and
the clients will receive an unknown service. However if I use
dbus_connection_register_fallback, messages
sent to child paths will the catched by the "main path" if the child path
was unregistered.

My question is: how work properly with fallback register? Which function
should I use for child path(normal or fallback)?
What are the overheads of working with this structure?

I checked the HAL code and noticed that there is only one registering call,
how paths are registered for each device attached?
dbus_connection_register_fallback (new_connection,
"/org/freedesktop",
&vtable,
NULL);

Regards,