[patch 1/3] low-level bus name releasing

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Tue Oct 4 09:06:33 PDT 2005

We need a test integrated with the C test suite before this can go in.
Take a look at dispatch.c to get an idea on how to do this.

Also, This touches the last major TODO item which is revamping
RequestName so that more than one service can "own" a bus name.
Basically we are going to set up queues with rules on who can take full
ownership of the name at any one time so when you remove them you will
need to take this into account and it may change the semantics of what
result you return.  I should be getting to that next week at the Gnome
Summit conference so I can have a chance to harass Havoc on the details.
That is of course unless he gets to the patch first :-)