Python bindings question

Julien PUYDT julien.puydt at laposte.net
Tue Oct 4 09:26:11 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm working at undusting the gnomemeeting dbus component ; for now
trying to make it operate as previously (last year...), before I make
them better.

To make developping easier, I use the dbus python bindings with two
scripts :
- gm_remote.py, which gives a remote for controlling gnomemeeting
through dbus (gtk interface) ;
- pseudo_gm.py, which acts as if it were gnomemeeting through dbus (and
makes it possible to test the previous more conveniently).

I'm facing a little problem with the ConnectTo dbus-method call :
- the one implemented in gnomemeeting does _not_ reply ;
- the one implemented by pseudo_gm seems to reply something ;
- I can verify it since the remote freezes when gnomemeeting is the
other end, but not when it is pseudo_gm.

How can I make the python script not wait for a reply ?

Snark on #gnomemeeting