Introspect data from Python missing return parameters

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Fri Oct 7 10:45:07 PDT 2005

John (J5) Palmieri wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 12:12 +0200, Tako Schotanus wrote:
>

>>I also think it would be worthwhile to stimulate people to make their
>>introspection data as complete and correct as possible otherwise lazy
>>programmers will just leave it out and we would lose a host of
>>interesting possibilities with respect to auto-generated apis, discovery
>>tools and who knows what. (Personally I'd make introspection data
>>mandatory ;-)
>>

>These are the same arguments typed and weakly typed proponents had had
>for ages.  My first goal is to make D-Bus a good fit for Python not
>Python a good fit for D-Bus.

Ah no, not trying to force typing on a weakly typed language, just
saying that it would be nice if introspection was forced to be as
"up-to-date" and complete as possible in the _language implementing the
service_ , nothing more. So be all means have python-based services
return v. But if there are (ever) too many services that just have
incomplete or worse wrong introspection information a lot of potential
for the uses of introspection could be lost. That's the only point I'm
trying to make I think.

Cheers,
 -Tako