end of a dbus signal message

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Tue Oct 18 08:49:31 PDT 2005

I'm not sure if I understand what you are doing.  You are basically
piping dbus-monitor and scraping the output?  There is no guarantee it
will stay the same between releases.  I would suggest either writting
tcl bindings or writing a small C app that formats the signals the way
you would like them.  Using dbus-monitor also wastes resources as it
gets all the messages sent from the bus (excluding those which it does
not have privilege to in the case of the system bus).