Reply half-received ?

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Tue Oct 25 20:31:14 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 21:58 -0500, yrc wrote:

> So, two questions:
> As you can see, the server receive the method call, because wee can see
> "Hey...". and it seems to answer to it since the client receive an
> answer (no timeout or another error...), but the "Hello World" is not
> set to path (that's why i said half-received ;-) )! what i'm doing
> wrong?

I think Havoc was right on this one.

> This was the first question; and the second one:
> Why do my server receive two messages when I run it, even without any
> client.... Maybe you will need more code for this.... or does it
> happends each time?

I'm thinking they are both NameAcquired signals.  First for the
connections to the bus when it sends the Hello() message and gets a
unique name and then when you request the bus name (in your case
VNAP_DBUS_SERVICE).  You can always call dbus_message_get_member on your
message to get the name of the method or signal being invoked.