Gnomemeeting 2.0's future dbus component

Julien PUYDT julien.puydt at laposte.net
Mon Oct 31 05:34:57 PST 2005

John (J5) Palmieri a écrit :
> I can't quite comment on the interface as that is mostly domain specific
> and I don't know much about VoIP :-)  A couple of caveats, really just
> nitpicking. The use of nil to indicate no output or input variables
> should not be used.  The old d-bus had a concept of nil so it looks
> awkward. Also the d-bus introspect format is most likely the best way to
> present an interface to d-bus developers because they most likely have
> been staring at them for some time ;-)

I mostly implemented the dbus code with the joined interface ; I have a
standalone program that acts as a dummy gnomemeeting on dbus, and
another standalone program which acts as a remote-control on this one...
should make merging this dbus code in gnomemeeting easier.

I found the glib bindings quite nice to work with, and the python
bindings quite handy to quick-test things. An enjoyable experience :-)

I'm still interested in comments about that interface, though... it's
still time to stop me before I commit anything if there's an obvious
mistake.

Snark on #gnomemeeting