Information request

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Apr 12 05:48:46 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 14:42, Ikke wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 14:34 +0200, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > You can get the same functionality by using signal-signal or
> > signal-call
> > (like Matthew said).
>
> Right, that's a possible pattern. It's not very intuitive though IMHO,
> but all these details should be hidden from the end-user anyway.
> Following my intuition I'd say signals are there for an object to tell
> others "Hey, I did something" or "Something changed!", whilst methods
> are used by an object to tell another object to do something, or
> retrieve some information, whilst using a signal to get a returning call
> is somewhat the other way around :-)
>
> Anyway, it should work, so I guess I can start writing some testing
> code.

My opinion on this is that applications that want their objects to be used by
applications of other developers will support introspection.

Thus an application can introspect all established connections on its own
startup and keep the peer pool updated easily as each new connection or
connection closing will be available through a signal.

In fact, in a service oriented architecture, one could have a service that
tracks other services.

Cheers,
Kevin

--