Win32 Port of D-Bus

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Apr 28 06:36:56 PDT 2006

Hi all,

to become a little familar with the stuff I tried to hack the sources to
see how complicate a port would be. Tcp connections are mostly working
and some data could already be exchanged, but test_names does not finish
it's call. probably as Martin Kosina already stated.

**Some topics:
- initialisation of winsock library in dbus-sysdeps-utils-win32.c
- native _dbus_directory_open() , _dbus_directory_get_next_file ()
implementations (not tested complete)
- I splitted some functions into -win32.c related files.
- fixed socket/file incompatible write/read functions ->
dbus-sysdeps-win32.c has now a isSocket(), which are used in
_dbus_read/_dbus_write
      bytes_read = isSocket(fd) ? recv (fd, data, count,0) : read (fd,
data, count);
      bytes_written = isSocket(fd) ? send (fd, data, len, 0) : write
(fd, data, len);

- I had major problem with the automake based build system, which does
not run under the windows command shell, so I used a cmake buildsystem
(http://www.cmake.org) which is the new buildsystem for KDE4.
- Because there are several places changed and some new files are added
i've created a tarball at
http://webdev.cegit.de/snapshots/kde-windows/dbus-win/.

Please note that this is not an official patch according to
http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/HACKING, it is indented to start a
discussion how such a port could be implemented.

Regards
Ralf