Question about subscriber/subcription

Rafa Marin Lopez rafa at dif.um.es
Wed Feb 8 09:09:51 PST 2006

Matthew Johnson wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Rafa Marin Lopez wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Could anybody point me out an very basic example about how a server
>> can register and handle subscribers/subscriptions to certain events?
>> Also I would appreciate an example how a client can register to
>> receive these signals.
>>
> As has been pointed out, in which language with which bindings?
>
> Some pointers:
>
> C: http://www.matthew.ath.cx/misc/dbus
> Java: http://www.matthew.ath.cx/projects/dbus-doc/dbus-java/node11.html
> GLib:
> http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-tutorial.html#glib-signal-connection
> Python:
> http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-tutorial.html#python-listening-for-signals
>

> hth,
> Matt

Hi Matt

This example   C: http://www.matthew.ath.cx/misc/dbus is really helpful
for me.

I have an additional question regarding your example.  You have a non
blocking read for receiving signals. Is there any way to do it BLOCKIN read?

/Regards.
/

Rafael Marin Lopez
Faculty of Computer Science-University of Murcia
30071 Murcia - Spain
Telf: +34968367645    e-mail: rafa at dif.um.es