Announcing new version of the Qt4 bindings

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Mon Feb 13 09:41:30 PST 2006

Hello everyone,

After some internal discussions, we at Trolltech have come to the
conclusion that we'd like to see a deeper level of integration between
different applications in the Unix/X11 platform and that D-Bus is
probably the way to go. Therefore, Trolltech has decided to offer taking
over maintainership for the Qt4 bindings that are in the D-Bus CVS
repository.

This means that I have been, for the past few weeks, working in my company
time to complete the features for the D-Bus bindings. The code is
currently branched into the KDE Subversion repository (which I like
better than CVS), which I had already been using prior to Trolltech's
offer.

So, unless someone objects, we'll go forward with it. The current
maintainer (myself) and previous maintainer (Harald Fernengel) are Ok
with this.

That would mean that, sometime in the next few days, I'd integrate the
changes that I have made to the source code into the CVS and make it the
main platform. (The diff currently stands at 280k, ~8800 lines, having
touched 50 files, 27 of which are new).

I have been developing it with Qt 4.1.0. I'm not sure if Qt 4.0.0 still
works.
--
Thiago José Macieira - thiago.macieira AT trolltech.com
Trolltech AS - Sandakerveien 116, NO-0402 Oslo, Norway