Announcing new version of the Qt4 bindings

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue Feb 14 08:00:26 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 11:42 +0100, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> The problem with fixing #1 would be that the API would change: the result
> from the filters wouldn't be "handled / not handled", but would have to
> indicate the reason why it didn't handle.

I don't think this API change is a problem; I seriously doubt that more
than one or two places at most rely on this behavior, and we have not
yet officially committed to API stability until we reach 1.0.

The patch to add the extra error names and change some instances of
UNKNOWN_METHOD to use them should not be hard.

The one thing is, there may be application code that returns
UNKNOWN_METHOD that would need changing, but this can just happen over
time. (Or alternatively, if we delete UNKNOWN_METHOD instead of using it
only for a specific case, people would have to fix these up.)