Jamboree & python

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Wed Feb 15 07:29:10 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 14:45 +0100, Marcin wrote:
> Hi
>    I am trying to send message to running Jumboree by D-Bus using Python. I have written short script but I don't understand why it doesn't work. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? The interface, service and object path I took from file dbus.h from jamboree src.
> Here is the script:
> #
> #! /usr/bin/python2.4
>
> import dbus
>
> bus = dbus.SessionBus()
> obj = bus.get_object('com.imendio.jamboree', '/com/imendio/jamboree/Player')
> iface = dbus.Interface(obj, 'com.imendio.jamboree.Player')
>
> iface.jamboree_dbus_message_to_song("Play")
> #
>
> and error which I got:
>
> Introspect error: The name com.imendio.jamboree was not provided by any .service files
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./dbusJamboree.py", line 13, in ?
>     iface.jamboree_dbus_message_to_song("Play")
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 79, in __call__
>     reply_message = self._connection.send_with_reply_and_block(message, timeout)
>   File "dbus_bindings.pyx", line 458, in dbus_bindings.Connection.send_with_reply_and_block

> dbus_bindings.DBusException: The name com.imendio.jamboree was not provided by any .service files
com.imendio.jamboree is not a name on the bus.  In other words for some
reason com.imendio.jamboree is not being registered.  Either it is not
currently running or you have a typo somewhere.  If it is not running
and you want to have it started through activation you need to create a
service file and place it in the directory pointed to in
the /etc/dbus-1/session.conf file.