Errors and the introspection format

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Fri Feb 17 05:38:32 PST 2006

Matthew Johnson wrote:
>> FYI, the programming practice in Qt and KDE programs is to not use
>> exceptions at all, so you may expect that error conditions be returned
>> as normal return messages, not error ones.
>
>otoh given the existence of errors in dbus, and the need to handle them
>anyway, I think good practice should be to use them.

That might be so, but given the current, existing DCOP code that will be
ported to use D-Bus, this is not likely. Aside from
"com.trolltech.QtDBus.InternalError", we're not sending any errors right
now. Besides, it all depends on the developers' practice.

--
Thiago José Macieira - thiago.macieira AT trolltech.com
Trolltech AS - Sandakerveien 116, NO-0402 Oslo, Norway