Errors and the introspection format

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at trolltech.com
Tue Feb 21 01:37:20 PST 2006

Robert McQueen wrote:
>> This will make the introspection data contain the
>> org.freedesktop.DBus.Method.NoReply annotation. When generating code
>> for one such method, I'll use the "fire-and-forget" mode.
>
>Er... an asynchronous call is not the same as not waiting for a reply.
>There are three ways to call a method from the perspective of the client
>side:

No, in this case it is.

I'm abusing the term "asynchronous" here. It's being used in the same
context as DCOP used it: fire-and-forget.

I know you can place an asynchronous-with-reply call, but that will not be
allowed in the generated code for the Qt bindings. Any user who wants
that will have to prepare the message himself and set the slot (callback)
that will receive the reply.

--
Thiago José Macieira - thiago.macieira AT trolltech.com
Trolltech AS - Sandakerveien 116, NO-0402 Oslo, Norway