Request for the 1.0 release

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at
Sat Feb 25 16:03:15 PST 2006

Havoc Pennington wrote:
>1) If you are willing to always do blocking writes (or know you will be
>blocking in a particular case), we don't need in theory need to allocate
>and copy into a DBusMessage; we could just marshal data into the socket

Are you sure this is possible, considering the signature is stored in the

If I read this strace dump of the server, it wouldn't be possible:
160}, {".
50}], 2) = 210

Note the "aaay" part in the first vector of the syscall.

>This makes it harder since you have to walk over the args and compute
>what the length of the message will be, then go back and write out the

Not to mention getting the alignment right.

Thiago José Macieira - thiago.macieira AT
Trolltech AS - Sandakerveien 116, NO-0402 Oslo, Norway